The purpose of Bethany Baptist Church is to bring glory to God by making disciples who reflect the character and priorities of Jesus Christ.
BBC’s National Affiliation
We are a Fellowship Baptist Church which is just about 90 years old. We belong to a National Organization of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Canada that is divided into regions within Canada. www.fellowship.ca
Our national mission statement says we are: “A movement of churches making passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.”
Our national vision statement says: “We serve together to ensure every church has unforgettable Kingdom impact.”
HOW DO WE HELP Churches experience an Unforgettable Kingdom Impact?
What do our Fellowship Regions and National Fellowship do to help support our local churches on mission? A good question. Several years back this question was tackled again by our leaders. A simple brochure, entitled “Support for Fellowship Churches” was prepared to communicate how both National and Regional are working together to support our local churches, as follows:
How does National support our five Regions in serving our churches?
Here are a few highlights:
- Church planting: National highlights church planting God-stories in the Thrive magazine, website, and other media. They also help to establish partnerships between Fellowship churches and Francophone church plants.
- Church health: National provides access to a clergy-care hotline (1-888-5-CLERGY or www.clergycare.ca) for crisis member care of Fellowship pastors, missionaries and chaplains. Church loans are also available to churches. National makes available pension and health care plans.
- Leadership Development: National celebrates leadership development God-stories through literature, website, and media. They also work with Regions to help facilitate the sharing of resources, information, and best practices.
BBC's Regional Affiliation
The local region we are affiliated with is Fellowship Prairies – Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches of Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Territories. www.fellowshipprairies.ca
- Fellowship International: Regions provide opportunities for International department staff to meet with Regional clusters, associations, and groups of pastors when possible. They also assist with connecting missionaries to churches.
- Fellowship Aid and International Relief (FAIR): Regions help create awareness of FAIR projects and programs, and provide opportunities for the FAIR Director to meet with Regional clusters, associations, and groups of pastors. They also promote FAIR through Regional literature and during conferences, highlighting the humanitarian needs being met through FAIR.
- Fellowship Francophone: Regions assist National in creating awareness of francophone church planting needs in their Region. They also provide opportunities for Fellowship National staff to meet with stakeholders in the Region.
- Fellowship Chaplaincy: Regions help promote the need for chaplains and assist with recruitment. They also help in the credentialing of chaplains.
- Fellowship Services: In addition to promoting healthcare and pension plans to churches, Regions also make this information available during new pastor/church orientation.